Sunday, September 14, 2008

School, work, dance, and fun

I thought I would be better about keeping this thing updated... I guess life just happens and blogging isn't really a huge priority. :)
Anyway, the girls and I just finished our second week of school. It went well and I am actually enjoying myself which I didn't think was possible with a bunch of 3 year olds. The first week was a little crazy but the kids totally got the hang of the routine and schedule by the second week. I am so proud of all those little guys. I still struggle with Cienna but I really think that would happen even if I wasn't her teacher. She listens well to the other teachers so that is good... she just ignores everything I tell her. Calli is doing really well. She is in the kindergarten program at the preschool. She is starting to read and spell simple words and she is loving all the math that she is learning. Caden, as always, is doing excellent! His teachers are always so amazed at what he already knows and how fast he learns the new material. He still loves homework and reading each night... we will see how long that lasts. :)
Calli and Cienna had their first performance last weekend. They did so great! Calli remembered most of the dance all by herself and it was just really cute to see Cienna copy everything the teacher was doing. I was a little worried that they wouldn't get up there and do it so before the performance we went to the store and bought some toys as a bribe. They were excited to get the toys but they didn't seem to have any problem getting up in front of a big crowd. Calli is on the showteam for this studio so she will be doing this a lot more. I am so glad she likes doing it and I am really really happy that I won't have to buy her a toy at each competition. :) Caden is still on the soccer field. I am actually enjoying this sport. I didn't think I would care for it because it isn't baseball or football, but he really likes it and that makes it more enjoyable for me. He is actually a very excellent goalie. He hasn't let one goal all year when he has been playing there. That is pretty good... I think.
Brian is still working his really long hours. I guess they have a lot of work that still needs to be done before it starts getting really cold. For awhile he was just working 4 ten hour shifts but now he is working like 6 twelve hour shifts. It really sucks for all of us, but mostly for Brian. That is one thing I appreciate most about him... he just goes and does it... doesn't complain, doesn't get grumpy (most of the time), he just goes out there and does what he has to. Anyway, we are making it work. I guess that is all we can really do.
On a completely different note... I have a HUGE dog!!!

1 comment:

Aria said...

I just love Cienna's hair! I'm so glad the kids are doing so well in school. Eddie and I totally agree with you--Brian is amazing. Eddie and I have often commented to each other on how hard he works and what a great attitude he seems to always have. It is very admirable. We miss and love you guys!