Saturday, August 30, 2008

Look what I can do!!!



Yesterday I was unable to crochet, today I am a crocheting fool! :)

My brother and sister in law have been living with us for a few weeks and recently I found out that she knows how to crochet. This is one hobby that I have always wanted to learn but never had the teacher or the patience to do it on my own. When I found out that my sister in law knew how, I made her promise that she would teach me before she moved out. Today I got that opportunity. We went to the store and bought a needle and some yarn and she showed me the basic stitches. I am now in the process of crocheting scarfs for my girls. I don't know if Caden will wear one, but my girls love them. I am so excited... it took every ounce of strength I had to put it down and do something today.

Today was also my sister in laws birthday. My mom and stepdad and all my brothers came down to my house to celebrate. I love having these big get togethers... it makes me want to have more kids so when they get old, we can do this all the time. My mom also brought her dog with her so Slider and his brother got to wrestle and play all day together. Slider is way bigger and he never wants to stop playing. I am sure Stitch (my moms dog) will be glad to go home and be left alone.
On a totally different subject, Caden had a great first week of school. He is so funny. He was sad that he didn't get homework for the first week. I wonder how long that will last? The girls and I start on Tuesday and I am a little nervous. Not to teach young kids, but to be around my girls in a school setting. Calli wants to always be by me so I don't know if she will go with her class very often and Cienna doesn't want me anywhere near me. It will be really interesting to see how it all works out.

Well, that was a totally random blog but I really wanted to show how awesome my scarf is turning out! I will write more after my first day at the preschool with all the interesting stories of that day. :)

No comments: