Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to School



It is that time of year again.... back to school. Today was Caden's first day of 1st grade. I can't believe how big he is! It just isn't fair!


Last week we went to the school and met his teacher and toured the school. I was fine that day. I was excited to get kids out of my hair for a little each day and I was especially excited that I wouldn't be driving across town 4 times a day. Today it was a whole different story.... I was sad to see him go. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of Caden growing and learning and discovering, I am just sad for myself; he probably won't ever want to be my baby again. However, I was so proud that before he got into line at school, he ran up to me and gave me a big hug and kiss. I hope that never stops!


The girls start preschool next week. Calli will be in the kindergarten program and this will be Cienna's first year. I think the only thing that can be worse than watching your oldest go off to school, would be watching your youngest! That is a scary thought... but we will deal with that when we get there.


On another note, we had our neighbors over for dinner last night and it was a lot of fun. They were really nice and had a son Cienna's age. I am sure that we will be doing a lot more together as neighbors. I feel bad that I didn't get over there sooner to introduce myself... but I guess we all can be shy sometimes. I just have to say that I live in the most awesome neighborhood, with the greatest friends. I wish all of our family was a little closer, but having friends like I do just makes dealing with distance a little easier.

2 comments:

The Haynies said...

I am so glad you finally made a blog. Now I can keep up with all the happenings in your life. I miss you my friend. Love ya!

Aria said...

Have fun teaching pre-school! I'm so glad that you guys have a blog! I know I said that in my last comment, but seriously, it's so fun to keep in touch this way! We miss ya'll. That's right, YA'll.