Friday, August 22, 2008

Over the river and through the woods... to Grandma's house we go




Well, look at me... I am starting a blog! Sorry there will not be a recap of the last 10 years or anything like that. I am just going to pick up where we are... Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last weekend we spent 5 days out at my mom's house in Evanston, Wyoming. We haven't had the chance to spend that amount of time with my mom in awhile and we all really enjoyed ourselves. The kids and I went out on Wednesday because the dog/horse had to get fixed and we didn't come home until late Saturday night. The kids and I had a great time going on walks, throwing rocks in the river, playing in the sandbox and fort, watching movies, making cookies, and playing at the awesome McDonalds Playplace. Every night the kids were asleep before 8 because they were so worn out from all the playing... I think grandma was more worn out though. :)



On Saturday, I began feeling really sick. It was stomach pains and I really thought it was because I ate SO much while I was there. I wound up being sick all day Sunday and most of the day Monday. Caden got the stomach flu too, but he is a kid and was totally done with it in like 10 hours. Brian also got sick (during a really important work week) and had to come home for a day. I hope we are all done with that! I hate being sick more than anything... I would rather do almost anything than throw up.

Anyway, we are all back to normal and getting ready for the new school year. Caden starts first grade on Monday. I can't believe how fast time goes! It sounds go cliche, but I remember the day he was born and the baby days like they were yesterday. I am so proud of what an awesome kid he has grown into. He is such a good big brother and so incredibly smart... did I mention how stinkin' cute he is too? The girls and I start in 2 more weeks. I will be teaching at their preschool all day Tuesday and Thursday and possibly Monday and Wednesday afternoons. I am looking forward to working again and especially being able to work with my kids. There aren't many jobs where you can take your kids to work and still get paid. :)

Hopefully, I can keep up with this and keep all of my friends and family posted on the going ons and wackiness of the Candelaria home. Love and miss you all!

2 comments:

Aria said...

Welcome to blogworld! Cienna sure has gotten big but...the dog is still bigger. hehehe We MISS you guys so much!! I love the pictures! Glad you all are feeling better. Sickness is no fun at all. I hope the beginning of school gets off to a good start.

bneely said...

Grandkids are all that and mine are a bag of chips, cookies and a tall drink. I am sooo proud of my creative daughter. I look forward to the next Grandma weekend, if it is still warm I want to set up tents by the river and have a campout and a bonfire. Well I miss you lots but love you more.
Love, Mom/Grandma XXXOOO