Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin Patch fun








Last week Brian and I took the girls to the pumpkin patch to pick the perfect pumpkin. Caden decided that he would rather stay and play with a friend than go with the family. Maybe I should have just made him go, but I thought that when we brought home our pumpkins and pictures, he would feel left out and maybe join us on our next family outing... we will see.

The girls had a blast! We walked around that patch for a couple of hours while they picked a pumpkin, walked down a ways, saw one they liked better, dropped the old one, picked up the new one, and walked a little further. They even went through the hay maze a few times and chased daddy around. Last year they had horses, but decided not to do it anymore after a kid fell off and sued the pumpkin patch. Calli (aka Calli Doolittle) was absolutely distraught. She cried all the way home, and then fell asleep crying. I really think we are going to have to find a pony for her to ride or I will never hear the end of it. :)

I love fall time and especially Halloween so we tend to go a little overboard with this holiday. I usually try to make the kids costumes and we carve like 10 pumpkins, we decorate everything, and attend many, many parties. I sort of made the girls costumes and I just gave in and bought Caden's. Another crazy thing... we have already had each of the kids dressed up like 4 times each, but not once have they all been dressed up together. Tonight is our ward's trunk-or-treat so I will post those pics later.

The girls have each had to perform 6 or seven times in the last week for their dance studio. Here are some pictures of those. Sorry the lighting is bad. Cienna is the ladybug and Calli is in her uniform so you just have to pick her out... I guess she is the only brown girl. :)

1 comment:

Aria said...

Cute pictures, Ash! We sure do miss you guys!