Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving









It seems that every year my family has to work or has other plans on Thanksgiving. We don't want to give up that time together so we just do it earlier or later than the traditional date. This year we did our Thanksgiving the weekend before the actual holiday. It works for our family!





We went to my mom's house in Evanston on Saturday morning. We ate ALL day that day and most of the day Sunday too. We had all the normal Thanksgiving food except pumpkin pie... Can you imagine that? My awesome sister in law came to the rescue with some amazing banana pudding (I really need to get that recipe). Thank You Brandy!!! We played games, chatted, and made fun of the whole family. I think everyone got a turn to be made fun of... isn't that how all family gatherings go? I made a comment to my brother wondering how mormons get through holidays because we don't drink. Most people get the luxury of having a few too many glasses of wine when family times get tough... not us. :) However, I did make it with very few incidents... we will see how Christmas goes.
Here are some pictures of our awesome day!!!

2 comments:

Aria said...

Oh, I miss our Thanksgivings together! I'm glad you had fun with your family! I think this year we are going to visit Eddie's family in Arkadelphia. But, remember, there is always Cracker Barrell!

Candy Fam said...

We are totally going to the Cracker Barrell for Thanksgiving! I am really excited... but I am really going to miss our special Thanksgivings too. :)