Friday, August 28, 2009

Terrible but true

So... the other day the girls and I were hanging out at the soccer field while Caden was at practice. I was playing with the girls and they kept having me toss them up in the air. I grabbed Calli (5 years old) to lift her up... kinda like this...

As I grabbed her, I noticed a little something extra under her shirt?!?!?!? I asked her what it was and she began to FREAK out. I knew instantly that she was wearing a BRA!!! Ahhhhhhh!!! Why do girls want to grow up so fast??? For those of you who know me, know that I DO NOT have a bra small enough to fit this child, so I asked her where she got this pretty, little blue thing with flowers on it. :D Between sobs (because I embarrassed her so) she told me that her friend in the neighborhood gave it to her. I made her take it off and give it back as soon as we got home and I explained to her that she needs boobies before she can wear one... and that she will hate it when she has to wear one everyday. She seemed ok after our little talk. Hopefully, she will want to stay a kid for a little bit longer. I don't know how much more of this I can take. I think her father about had a heart attack when I told him. Poor guy!!!

2 comments:

Aria said...

Yikes! That is just too soon for even the training bra! haha Good job talking to her all about it. Someday when she has to wear a bra and hates it you will tell her this story and you will all have a great laugh!

The Haynies said...

Oh that is so funny! She is 5 going on 16!