Friday, November 5, 2010

CNA? Me?

Well, yes... I guess so! I have been working at a doctors office as a receptionist for about 9 months. I work 4 days a week and I really LOVE it here! I was given the opportunity to have my boss pay for my CNA class and begin working 3 days a week making the same amount of money that I am now. Yes please! I am really excited to learn new stuff and start a new path in this career that I have chosen... however, I am VERY, VERY nervous about the clinicasl I will need to do before I can take the test. You see, my job at the office will mostly be taking patients into rooms, taking vitals, giving allergy shots, and pre authorizing procedures. The clinicals, I have heard, involve wiping old peoples butts and giving really large people showers. In truth, I am TERRIFIED that I will have to do this!!! One of the nurses in our office said to just bring some vicks and apply to my upper lip before I go in any room... enough said! I guess it is too late to change my mind now as the class has been paid for and I start on Monday. Wish me luck people... I am going to need it!!!

2 comments:

Aria said...

Good luck, Ashley! You can do it and you'll be a fabulous CNA! I hope you don't have to wash any old wrinklies though. Let me know how it goes!

Katie said...

You will do great! Good luck. Working with people is so rewarding!