Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sneaky (kinda) Parents

Since I can remember, I have promised my kids that as soon as the baby turns five, we would pack the car and head to Disneyland. Well, if you can imagine this... my baby turned five in July! Yikes!!! To be totally honest, I never really thought that day would come. :)

Brian and I decided it would be way more fun if the kids didn't know where we were going. We bought tickets, studied hotels, and planned our trip without them catching on. There were a few times that a brother of mine (ehem, Matt!) came very close to spilling the beans. But... we made it! When the time came, we told them we were going to Las Vegas to visit Auntie Robyn (which was totally true because that is where we were staying before and after our family vacation). We packed 12 days worth of clothes and toys and shoes and snacks. They were PUMPED that we were spending so much time at Auntie Robyn's house... just imagine their reaction when they found out we were going to Disneyland!

After spending the weekend with Auntie Robyn, we packed up the car and told the kids we needed to go home and then we would come back next weekend. Caden (now 8) grumbled at the thought of driving all the way home and then coming back again. We totally ignored him. With our Disney package came a phone call from Mickey and Goofy and Minnie. We received that phone call right after we crossed into California. Hehehe... totally sneaky.

Here is the kids reaction...

I just love that they really had no idea what was going on. I really don't think they totally understood until we stood in line to get in the front gate.


Ok... I have tried like 20 times to upload this video, and am having NO luck! If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear. Anyway... they were super excited and they were shocked to find out that we were actually on our way when the Mickey call came. Love these kiddos!

No comments: