Thursday, November 18, 2010

Disneyland!!!



Monday- (Disneyland) 1st day here... arrived at park early and waited in line for 20 minutes to get into the park. Loved the Halloween decorations... loved the people at the gates... LOVED how excited my kids were! We forgot the camera today. :( Hind sight, it was just really nice to run around the park and not have to worry about taking a photo at each little spot. First ride at Disneyland for all the kiddos... Space Mountain!!! All kids are big enough to ride. I knew this was a good time to take the kiddos. No strollers... and all rides are available to all my kids (except Indiana Jones). It sprinkled on and off today which I think kept the crowds away. The longest we waited in line today was 15 minutes for Pirates. All in all... an amazing first day!

Tuesday- (California Adventures) Pouring rain!!! This could be good or bad. We bought some umbrellas and ponchos and decided to take our chances. Crowds were no existent today!!! Holy cow, this place is deserted. I LOVE it! First ride- Soaring over California. All I can say is WOW!!! What a cool ride. I mean, you could smell things, and the wind, and just the overall feeling of flying. I absolutely LOVED it! We ran from one ride to the other and got pretty wet. Today, we took cover and went to see the "Aladdin" play. Honestly, the highlight of the ENTIRE trip for me. We called it quits around 4. It was still a great day!

Wednesday- (Disneyland) We decided to let the kids pick where we would go and what we would do today. Caden picked "Matterhorn" & "Splash Mountain". Calli picked "Indiana Jones" & "Space Mountain". Cienna picked "Buzz Lightyear" & "Autopia". Dad picked "Captain EO" & "Big Thunder". Mom picked "Pirates" and "Peter Pan". We got A LOT of pictures today and I feel so much better about accidentally forgetting my camera the first day.

Thursday- (Beach) Keri took us to a cute little beach and we played and found shells and took pictures. The weather was actually better on the coast than inland so we basked in the overcast warmth. We ate at Pink Berry which was so freakin amazing that I have craved it since.

Friday- (Disney/ California Adventure) Today is our last day here. :( We are so sad to leave the happiest place on earth! We got to meet up with my Aunt Joyce and Uncle Roland and my cousin Rachel (which I haven't seen since Caden was a tiny baby). It was so nice to see them again and even better that we got to spend the day at Disneyland with them. Today, we took our time and just did what we felt like doing. The crowds are insane!!! I am so glad that we spent most of our time here without all these dang people. Highlight of today... meeting Jack Skellington and Sallee. :) Time to head home... until next time, Disneyland, you will be forever in our hearts!

No comments: