Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Poor Son... Poor Mom

Today Caden had his tonsils taken out. We have been pushing this off for awhile now and the ENT I work for assured me that he would feel much better after we take care of this. Now before you tell me what a horrible mom I am, let me just explain that Caden has NEVER eaten a Thanksgiving dinner... so don't judge me for doing it the day before Thanksgiving!!! :D
We went in at 8 and met with the nurse and doc and anesthesiologist. They were all super nice (of course the doc was... I take the phone calls that come into his office). I could tell Caden was a little nervous, but he put on his brave face and headed into the OR. After he came out, we met him in recovery... This is where the poor mom comes in.
I start feeling really WEIRD. I mean, I have never felt like this in my entire life!!! Caden coughed and spit some blood, then his nose started bleeding, then there was a really weird smell, THEN the nurse comes in with Cadens tonsils in a jar. This is where I almost lose it! I get all clammy, my ears start ringing, my peripheral vision goes away and my legs get shaky. I told Brian I needed to sit down and walked out of the recovery room. It only took a few minutes to feel better, but I really think I was only a few seconds away from passing out. Let me just repeat this again for you all... I have NEVER felt this way before!!! I totally freaked.
So... Poor Son for actually having the surgery
And... Poor Mom for being such a little weenie when looking at the removed body part

1 comment:

Katie said...

Whew, they brought them out in a jar? Ha, they didn't do that for me! I probably would of passed out. I know as an adult at 27 it was painful as hell, so I hope it was easier for your little man. I don't get sick as much and I breathe easier now :) Have a Happy Turkey day!