Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Son

I guess I am a little late on this post. But to be totally honest, I have been absolutely dreading this. I feel like by posting this, it makes everything official! Yikes! My son, my son, my only one, turned 9 last Friday. Every year I struggle with the idea of my children getting older, but for some reason it is A LOT harder with Caden. He is my only son AND the oldest... everything is new territory here!!

Anyway, I just want you all to know what an amazing kid I have. I hope some day he will be able to look back on these birthday blog posts and read about what a great boy he was... and is. Caden is such a kind, considerate, respectful person and he helps out with almost everything. He is talented and smart and funny and handsome!!! I LOVE this boy with my whole life.

Some of my favorite memories of Caden:
Year 1- Throwing a baseball across the room when he was like 9 months old
Year 2- Screaming at the top of his lungs when I accidentally put his sock on upside down
Year 3- Helping soooooo much with little sisters
Year 4- Riding a bike like a big kid
Year 5- Starting kindergarten
Year 6- Playing organized baseball for the first time
Year 7- Reading at a 10 year old level
Year 8- Deciding to be baptized and join the church
Year 9- Continuing to be the BEST kid on the block

Every other year we do a birthday party with friends and games and prizes and themes. But on the off year, we do a "date" with mom and dad and birthday kid. This is the "date" year and we are going to dinner and the aquarium because Caden is on a total shark kick. I can't wait to spend that special time with my very special son.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I love the sock one :) Only moms remember that! I can't believe he's 9!!

Kyra said...

I NEED TO SEE YOU NOW! These kids are getting to stinkin big!! Lets plan something. Maybe we could meet in vegas?? or... i think we will be in st. george for spring break. the end of march beg april...??

Candy Fam said...

Kyra- I will see you in St. George then... we were just saying that we wanted to plan a little mini vacation. I will text you soon! Love you!