Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cinderella Pageant

This year Cienna has faced a mess of medical problems. One of them being a 6-7 degree curve in her spine. Our  doctor informed us that 10 degrees of curve is considered scoliosis and with her being so young we needed to watch it with a CT for the next couple of years. So, we decided to take a break from gymnastics just to keep any extra strain off her developing spine and back. I wanted her to be able to do something special since she loved gymnastics so much. She is a huge girlie girl so my cousin suggested the Cinderella pageant program. I was nervous at first because we have seen that pageant show on TLC and I did NOT want to be a crazy mom like that. My cousin assured me that it was not like that at all.

We arrived at her first Cinderella pageant a little nervous and very excited. She had her up close interview and she came out smiling. She said that the judges were very nice and that they laughed at what she said. I was very happy that her personality came out in that interview because really, the up close interview is where the biggest part of the score comes from. Next was casual wear. She had a super cute outfit and did her walk perfectly. She was the ONLY girl that did her turn in the right spot and waited for the right moment to move to the next spot on the stage. She was stunning!!! Next was her formal wear walk... and again she was absolutely perfect! Her dress glittered and her dress flowed perfectly when she turned. I was such a proud mama! Lastly, was the on stage interview. She was very first and I could tell she was nervous. It took her a little while longer to come up with an answer to one of the questions. In the end, it turned out great. She got 3rd place (1st attendant to Beauty) out of 16 girls!!! I want to remind you that this was her first pageant too.

Her are some pictures of her beautiful, amazing first pageant:
Getting ready!

Formal Wear

Interview dress (custom made by my awesome friend)

No comments: